Well only 356 days until next Christmas… we got this // week 69

9:03 PM




Hello hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and were safe and warm and enjoyed time with those you love. Our week was great. I cant believe that we are on the last week of December. That's crazy everyone. Where has this year gone?
Monday my comp and I went to get our hair cut, I convinced my comp to chop off her hair. So she did! Ahaha somehow I'm getting her to break out of her shell. Then we had a zone pday and played uno and other card games and just enjoyed each other's company. 
Tuesday we got our car fixed then we went out knocking on doors. It's always an interesting experience. For dinner we had bandeja paisa with a family from Colombia. Oh my it was so good everyone. After we had a lesson with our new investigator, Majo. She's super cool and is really wanting to take these lessons seriously unlike in the past. Then we had a lesson with Matty and her family. Her mom wants to come back to church and her step dad wants to get baptized. So we are going to work with them! 
Wednesday we made ornaments with Janice for people and I took a nap, I was actually forced to because I still wasn't feeling well. We met a new investigator her name is Beatriz and she is really wanting God in her life and to feel the spirit more. 
Thursday, what a wonderful day. We had zone conference and it was super spiritual and powerful. So last night I prayed for an opportunity to receive and answer in zone conference on how I can work my best these last two months. And I got my answer. Just testify from my heart, testify about my Savior and invite everyone to come unto Christ. So that was awesome. Then at he end of zone conference we had a testimony meeting all about our Savior. And everyone had the opportunity to share their thoughts and feelings on Christ. It was super powerful and the spirit was so sweet. 
Friday we had district meeting, its always an adventure with our district... after that we went as a district to sing Christmas carols in an old folks home. It was so fun. Unfortunately most of the district is from a foreign country, and someone requested for us to sing "jingle bells" yeah and elder and I ended up doing a duet and then had our district join in during the chorus... sights to see my friends... in the evening we had our ward christmas party and it was a good time. My companion and I went early to help cut chicken. Im pretty sure we cut 30 chickens by ourselves... 
Saturday, CHRISTMAS EVE. So we had plans to go and make tamales with two different members, but they canceled last minute. So we went around and tried to visit some people, most people weren't home... we tried. But then in the afternoon Janice invited us over to have Christmas eve late lunch with her family. It was so much fun. After that we went to our bishops house and had another dinner with them. It was like Thanksgiving 2.0. After dinner all of the grandkids put on a Nativity for us. It was so precious. They had songs and shepherds, and angels, and a baby Jesus. Then they had a dance party and we just watched and had a good time. 
Sunday, CHRISTMAS. My comp Skyped her fam in the morning and I hung out at the Trejo home while she was in another room. Then we had breakfast with the Daltons and then I got to skype my fam, all the way in Europe. It was good to see them, kind of weird, but not really anymore. Had sacrament meeting, and Hermano Vujich put on a wonderful medley of Christmas hymns with 2 violins, a clarinet, a piano, a flute, and a xylophone. Also with narration. It was fantastic. Had a missionary lunch in a members home. It was good to be with some of my missionary friends i dont see too often anymore. Had dinner, visited some members and then played board games with the family we live with. Overall it was a great day. 
This week has been great. I cannot believe that it is the last week of 2016. A new year is right around the corner, literally! Thats crazy! I am so grateful for this past year, and that I was able to serve all of 2016 as a missionary. I am excited for these next 2 months and what they have in store for me. I know my Savior is real. He lives and loves each one of us. And because of Him each and every day we can become better and change who we are. His arms are wide open, all we have to do is accept Him. It is never too late. I love you all. Have a wonderful week! And Happy New Year!!! 
LOTS OF PICS, sorry in advance :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments