18 months already? // week 77

9:08 PM

Hello hello everyone. Man when I first got my call letter it should have said "it is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months, BUT BE WARNED it will by like a blink of an eye..." because it did. This week was grand. And went bye super fast, classic. 

Monday I had my last zone pday. We had a nerf gun war filled with cheating, and obnoxious rolling on the ground, and trying to defend our flag. It was a good time. Our lessons in the evening canceled so we did some service in salt lake with the Hermanas where we made burritos for homeless people. It was fun. 
Tuesday I was on exchanges with my best friend, Hermana Huxford. It was such a wonderful day. We had a lesson with José and Hermana Huxford really clicked with him. So that was great. Then we had a lesson with Hermana Pavez and it was really interesting. But it was good. I had such a great day being back with hermana huxford. 
Wednesday we had a wonderful mutual activity with an english ward where we did a Q&A and it was so great just explaining what we do and the young women really opened up and one girl came up to us after and thanked us and said "I never had a sisters point of view about a mission, so thank you so much!" 
Thursday I had my departing interview with President and it was great. Man I love president and he made me feel so special and he was just saying that he was so proud of me and everything. It was the sweetest. Then hermana huxford and I had lunch together then in the evening we had a lesson with Jose at a members home. It was a great lesson. 
Friday I got to go to the temple for my "trunky temple trip" with the sisters who are leaving and President and Sister Spendlove. It was a great time. I even saw someone I knew! Then in the evening had a lesson with Hermano Pavez and he has grown and changed so much. 
Saturday we did service with our district in the morning that the mission set up for us to do. We got to help children that are getting dental work. Then we had district lunch and I had to say goodbye to my people. We helped hermana huxford pack and we then went to the temple with Matty! And it was so cute seeing her reaction and the way she felt and it was a great way to end my mission. Then we wrote our talks for the next day ahah
Sunday we had a good mission prep. We finished our talks. We went to church. I cried in sacrament meeting because we sang "para siempre Dios este con vos" (God be with you til we meet again) and i was very emotional. And somehow my sneaky comp planned a surprise going away party for me with the ward. So that was sweet, cried some more. Said goodbye to people the rest of the evening. It was a great day. 
Man I cannot even comprehend what is happening right now. The best way I have found to describe how i feel is found in Alma 26:16 which says "16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
Literally words cannot describe my emotions right now. I am excited, sad, nervous, and just expecting a great time to grow. 
Amo a mi misión. Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador, Redentor, Mediador, Hermano Mayor, y mi mejor amigo. No sabia antes de la misión que podría crecer tanto en 18 meses. He conocido personas que son familia ahora. Estoy bien agradecida por el amor que he sentido de todos las personas que conocí aquí. Yo se que este es la iglesia verdadera. Se que tenemos la iglesia restaurada de Jesucristo aquí en la tierra. Dios nos ama. El nos conoce y quiere el mejor para cada uno de nosotros. Gracias por todo lo hicieron para mi. Gracias por su amor y por su apoyo. Nos vemos pronto!

You Might Also Like

0 comments