Im starting to use the word 'washroom' // week 62

8:58 PM

Hello fam and friends. The Canadian lingo of my companions are rubbing off on me... I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween! This week has been much better so thank you for the prayers! 

Monday was a very different pday. It was an all day pday. After studies we went to Walmart and then we headed home did emailing super quick then went off to our pday activity with the zone down in SLC. One negative thing about having a Zone that covers the entire mission, we have to drive everywhere for our activities and meetings. So this was SLC trip #1 of the week. It was a good time, I don't know many people in the zone but it was fun. Came back and carved pumpkins and cleaned and started exchanges. 
Tuesday we had exchanges. Hermana Coca came to be with Hermana Rolfson and I. It went really well. 4 out of our 5 lessons fell through. But we were able to have some awesome street contact opportunities where we were able to give out some Books of Mormon to people, one of them being an atheist and another was someone who was really interested about the questions of the soul. Then in the evening a lady who would never set up a lesson with me before, let us in and share a message with her. Now she wants to come back to church! 
Wednesday we had a meeting with our Ward Mission Leader and talked about what we want to start doing with all of the auxiliaries of the ward and he is totally excited to help us out! Hermano Huancas is the best! 
Thursday our Zone had a special meeting with President Bennett and Alba, they are in the mission presidency. Trip to SLC #2. And we talked about the uniqueness of serving in Spanish units and what we have to do differently because of it. It was a great meeting. Then I realized why I am still here, I know these members and I love them with all of my heart. Also Hermana Rolfson reminds me so much of myself when I first came into the mission field, I know I was meant to be her companion at the beginning of the mission. Especially to reassure her that her Spanish will get better and the time will go by fast. Dinner said my gringa accent is starting to go away #WEMADEITBOYS
Friday we had zone training meeting. Trio to SLC #3. I really love our Zone. I kind of feel like an outsider because everyone has served around each other while I have been up in Kaysville, but everyone is super nice. Zone training was good, we focused on the basics, it always goes back to the basics. Afterwards our companionship had a much needed comp inventory. It was kind of hard, tears were shed by me, but that's okay it was needed. And it has been much better since. 
Saturday most of our lessons fell through, but we were able to meet with some other people that haven't had us in their home for awhile. Found out it was daylight savings, that was a blessing. 
Sunday I had some more personal revelation. I have been out of it lately, but I found a scripture in D&C 123:17 that says "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." And I loved the part that says "let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power," we can only change ourselves and our own attitudes to become better. Other people can't change us and we can't change others. I had a good conversation with President as well and he confirmed what I had read. 
This week has been a good one. Time is a weird concept, I can't believe that it's Monday already, but at the same time it feels like last pday was FOREVER ago. Oh well, what can we do? Oh I started a tortilla count for the month of November, aka I'm keeping tract of how many tortillas I eat this month to do the math of roughly how many tortillas I have had on my mission. Tortilla count thus far: 9 (and that's only from 2 days!) 
Love you all! Have a great week! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments