FRIJOLES FRESCOS/COOL BEANS // week 75

9:07 PM




Hello y'all. Life is good up here in good ol' Kaysville. 
Monday we had a zone pday where we did minute to win it games and then chair soccer. It was way fun. In the evening we had a few lessons, on with Jose and it was really intense and we were talking about evil and the nature of God and it wasn't the best, and one of the lessons was with a less active family and they have really opened up and started changing. 
Tuesday we baked bread with an English member. It was way fun. And delicious! Had lunch with some members and the dad wants to come back to church #FINALMENTE. Taught English clases and to start off sister miller said "sunday is a big day in America" and hermana gavito looks at me and says "wait whats going on on sunday" "the Super Bowl." Oh man
Wednesday we translated documents for our ward mission leader and it was weird having to write in English that is like fancy. And would catch people's attention. Then in the evening we had a lesson with José and it was going really well. He was like "I am sorry that I ask and question everything, i guess i need to look at life with spiritual eyes..." and after we ended the lesson and closed with a prayer i felt really prompted to extend a baptism date, the 25th, and he accepted! We are pumped! 
Thursday no one was home or wanted to open the door. That's all I remember haha
Friday we had zone training meeting and it was my last one so they asked me and hermana Huxford and Silverhardt to bear our testimonies. It was weird. But cool. We did weekly planning.
Saturday i went to arbor for exchanges. Man I love arbor so much. We cooked food with the sisters investigators and it was so much fun. I saw Rochelle and Michelle Madrid. They are great. And then we did a district blitz in Parkway. 
Sunday we had mission prep and I love President Saunders, he reminds me a lot of President Gates. Church was good. We had a missionary correlation meeting after and it is always interesting with our ward mission leader. Then we go to go to Rochelle's mission call opening and she is going to the California Irvine misión! I love that family so much. They are the reason I served a mission here. I LOVE THEM. 
For studies this week I studied the attribute of patience. Now i know why I have such a problem with patience. Because it involves faith and hope. Not that i have a problem with faith or hope its just that I have a hard time looking towards the future with faith and always accepting the hard times that are given to me and look forward with patience that I can get through it. So it was a really good study. I know that my Savior lives and He is our greatest example. Have a great week everyone! 

Quotes of the week:
"Halftime? Its naked time."-Sister Bingham
"Food consumption, do you know what that means? Yeah disease."-Sister Poulson

You Might Also Like

0 comments