"I'm half way there, looking good now, nothing's gonna get in my way, I'm half way there!" // week 37

10:45 AM

This week just flew bye. I'm pretty sure I say that every week, but it's SO true, almost too true, it's sad. 
Monday we woke up and drove down to Bountiful so I could get my nose cauterized since I have been having a lot of bloody noses. Let me tell you, getting your nose cauterized is NOT fun and I would not recommend it to anyone unless you absolutely need it done. So for the rest of the day it looked like I sniffed up some charcoal because my nostril was all black haha. We had a fun pday activity and we were able to play some volleyball and other fun games. At night we realized that we were 70 miles over of what we should be at, thanks to the few trips to bountiful this past month so we took to walking. And that's what we did all day on Tuesday. We walked in the pouring rain. It was a lot of fun. We got 5 ride offers but we kindly declined them all. Most of our lessons fell through but we were able to contact lots of people and set up appointments for the rest of the weekend. Wednesday we went on splits in the evening and we were able to have great lessons. These poor laurels went out with us and they don't speak Spanish so they just sat there and tried to figure out what was going on, luckily the one that went out with me understood some and the lady we taught speaks English. So it worked out. Thursday, okay this day was a rough one. We had interviews with President Spendlove. Funny story though we were waiting for our interview with president and I was eating trial mix and one of my m&m's fell into the present we got him for his birthday. So he got an extra little gift haHa. But before my interview with president I met with sister spendlove and found out some pretty devastating news from home that my parents are getting a divorce. So I was a mess. I got a blessing from President, and that helped me out a lot. Then we headed towards salt lake so I could have an appointment with a counselor at LDS Family Services. That helped me as well. Then we headed back home and I was able to self reflect and read my scriptures and write in my journal and call my sister. I am so grateful for my companion and her kindness and service to me during all of this. Oh and this was my half way mark. So my companion took me to Fiiz (it's like swig) so I could get a delicious soda and sugar cookie to celebrate being out for 9 months! Crazy how fast time flies. 
Friday we had district meeting. I am so grateful for my district leader and my sister training leader. They are the best! District meeting was great and we were able to focus on how we only have one first impression with people for them to feel the spirit and our love. It was really cool. We had a few lessons and we were able to do most of our weekly planning so that was good. Saturday was a crazy busy day. We didn't have any planned lessons but we made lots of plans to go and visit everyone. We ended up having 2 spontaneous lessons with members present! So that was great. Then we went to a wedding reception for this girl from our ward and we helped serve food. Sunday we had a great day at church and we were able too have a few lessons and meet with someone that Hermana Thetford has tried to meet with for like 9 weeks. And we had a lesson with her!! So that was awesome!! We were excited about that. 
I know the Lord gives us trials for a reason. I'm still trying to figure out why this is happening at this time and to my family. But I know that the Lord has a plan for me, I cannot see the path, in fact it feels like I'm walking through a black tunnel right now, but I know shortly that I will see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that I am here for a reason during this time, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I know Christ is there for me. He loves me. He went through this pain too. He suffered this for me in the Garden of Gethsemane. He knows what I am going through. I am so grateful to have such a loving and understanding Savior. I am so grateful for my family and their love and support. I am so grateful for my Mission President and his wife and the leaders in the mission and their love and kindness to me. I am grateful for my Carnegie ward back at home for taking care of my little sister while I have been gone. I love you all. Please remember that this life is NOT easy, but we can make it. We can press forward, trusting in Christ, and believing in Him and having faith in all things that everything will work out the way it is supposed to be. Have a wonderful week. 
D&C 6:13 "If thou wilt do good, yea, and hold out faithful to the end, thou shalt be saved in the kingdom of God, which is the greatest of all the gifts of God; for there is no gift greater than the gift of salvation."

image1.JPG
When they have to make a sign to prove that men work, hahaha
image2.JPG
It's streets like this that make looking for addresses super hard in Layton...
image3.JPGWhen your bishop tries to speak English 
image4.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPGimage7.JPG
We set up photos for our leadership contacts in our phone
image8.JPGElder Fuhriman was really happy to be the reindeer 
image9.JPG
Wedding! 
image1.JPGimage2.JPGCelebrating my 9 month mark and her 16 month mark! 

Con amor,
Hermana Olivas
Utah Salt Lake City Mission

You Might Also Like

0 comments