Hermana we are not in Kansas anymore... // week 35

10:37 AM

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week and that you were able to see the Lord's hand in your life throughout the week. So as you know it was transfer week. So I'm super glad that I didn't unpack when Hermana Ribucan and I moved into our new apartment. So packing up for Kaysville was pretty easy. Tuesday we had a Mother's Day activity with the other missionaries in our stake and we sang for their relief society event. I said goodbye to everyone and my ghetto. It was sad, but I know that I'm going to Kaysville for a reason. Like they say, "if you love something let it go." 
Wednesday I finished packing everything up. Hermana Huxford was dropped off in Rose Park so I was able to see her for a little bit before my ride came to get me. We got a flat tire on the way to Kaysville, on the freeway, but it was all good. We were super close to an off ramp so my drive just drove on the flat to the tire place which was super close. Nothing happened to their rim so the tire was changed super quick and then we were back up to Kaysville. Let me tell you, it is SO DIFFERENT up here. There are cows, and large yards, and big houses, and lots of families, and it feels like I am in the Midwest or something. It's beautiful but I kind of feel like Dorothy when she goes to Oz, but the opposite since I left Oz and came to Kansas. Haha. I met up with Hermana Thetford. She is so sweet! I just adore her and I am super excited for this next transfer. We moved into our house and it is so nice! We are living upstairs of a sweet couple and it feels like a palace compared to an apartment. We had a few lessons in the afternoon, then dinner and it was delicious and then another lesson in the evening and we got a new investigator! So that was cool.
Thursday we had a few lessons. I was able to meet lots of awesome people. I love the members here! There are a lot of Argentinians here so I'm excited to get to know their culture more since I haven't really met too many people from Argentina. It's really funny though because Hermana Huxford and I just switched places and people are thinking that I am Hermana Huxford at first glance but something is different then they realize that I am not her. It's been pretty funny! 
Friday, okay miracle. So in the middle of comp study a potential investigator calls us and asks if we could come over ASAP. So we called up a member to come out with us and we headed over there. We talked about what we do as missionaries and he told us that he wants to change his life. WHAT? So that was awesome. We had district meeting and it was good. I'm in an English district now and that's weird and super different, I have only ever been in a Spanish district until now. But our district leader is Elder Furihman and he is awesome! We weekly planned for most of the day and a few of our lessons fell through. Nothing unusual.
Saturday was great. So we got a call Friday night from Hermana Silverhardt who is serving in Arbor, my first area. And she told me that Hermana Madrid, her son, and her daughter would all be recieving their endowments tomorrow in the Bountiful temple in the morning! So on Saturday morning I was able to go to the temple with basically my favorite family ever. I just love the Madrids. It was so good seeing them and the temple was wonderful as usual. I was also able to see lots of missionaries that I haven't seen in a while and I probably won't see for awhile since they are in SLC. So it was a great morning. Then Hermana Thetford and I went on splits because she went to a baptism in SLC. And I was left here in the area. I was nervous because this area is big and I had no idea where we were going. But the young woman that went out with me was so sweet and we used her phone as a gps so it all worked out haha. 
Saturday evening and Sunday we had stake conference and it was great. I was half expecting to see my stake members there because it felt like I was in Vegas with all of these white families and the stake center is just like mine back at home haha. It was a really good conference though. In the Saturday evening session they talked a lot about trials and overcoming them to become better. And on Sunday it was cool hearing different stories about people's conversions. Sunday we had some spontaneous lessons and they went really well. 
I feel like my brain is going a thousand miles a minute trying to remember what happened in this crazy week! So I hope this email makes sense. I'm loving it up here in Kaysville. It's different but I know that I am here for a reason. I'm excited for what's to come. I love you all. I know that this church is true. I know that I am here for a reason and that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us. Trust in Him and His guidance. Have a great week!! Hope to hear from you all soon! Oh congrats to Isaac Foutz on his mission call to Peru! Spanish missionaries are the best! 
"Life is hard, but the gospel is easy. If we live the commandments and trust in God, everything will be okay." -Hermano Trejo
"There is hope for all of us. Some blessings come now, and some don't come until later, and some come in Heaven. But they will come." -Elder Holland

You Might Also Like

0 comments