siete anos (pretend there is a tilde on the n) // week 22

8:07 PM

Hello everyone! How is everything going?
This week has been pretty good! Lots of miracles. Here are a few things that were super special:
1. on Monday we went to temple square with Simón and his two girls and we watched the family video. It was super special and spiritual. It made them really open to the ideas of eternal families and it helped them understand Gods plan for us. 
2. We had another wonderful lesson with Martha. We talked about the Restoration and she believes that it is true. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and really enjoys the spirit she feels while reading. We invited her to be baptized on March 5 and she said she would if she received and answer that it is true. She already believes but she wants to know. So we are working with her and she is doing awesome! 
3. Okay super awesome moment! On Tuesday morning we called Yesenia to make an appointment with her and she told us that she was going to go to the temple on Wednesday with our branch, wait what? a little background, yesenia has been working like crazy, from 9 am to 11 pm, and its a miracle that she can go to church so for her to say that she was going to the temple is amazing. also normally the first time a recent convert goes to the temple to do baptisms, missionaries can go with them. so we call mission president frantically to get permission to go to the RIVER JORDAN temple. that is 2 MISSIONS away, but in reality it is only a 30 minute drive. and WE GOT PERMISSION. we called the jordan river temple asking them if it would be possible for yesenia to do baptisms. they said that she most likely wouldnt be able to... so we still went with a prayer in our hearts and a miracle in our thoughts. we get to the temple and i walk up to a temple worker, smile at him inocently and tell him the situation with yesenia. he took me down to the baptistry to i could ask the workers there. he said to them "i cant say no to a sister..." haha YES! so MIRACLE! she did temple baptisms! and SHE LOVED IT! she said that she has dreamed of this place before! so awesome! also after the baptisms we asked her how she felt and she said that she could feel the presence of the people during the baptism. so amazing
Oh i hit 5 months last week, thats pretty crazy...
oh also two sister missionaries got robbed last week, they are fine thankfully but please keep the safety of the missionaries in your prayers.

Okay an explanaint of the title. 7 years ago yesterday I was baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Wow I am so grateful for my 12 1/2 year self for making the decision to be baptized. because of my decision to be baptized my life now, and for eternity has changed. With this gospel i feel the love of my Savior and Heavenly Father all around me, every day. Sure life is still hard a times, but who's life isnt hard? Even though i still go through my trials, because of this gospel, my trials become easier, because I understand my eternal perspective. I know that one day i will live with my Heavenly Father, Savior, and family for eternity. I know that Christ is my Savior, Redeemer, and brother. He loves me more than he loves himself. He loves me so much that He died for me. Sometimes I cant wrap my head around His love and Sacrifice for me. It is doesnt make sense, but its true. Through Jesus Christ I can be forgiven of the mistakes and sins I make in this life. Through Him i can live again and have a perfect body. Through Him, I can hug my Heavenly Father. If I wasnt baptized I would know ANY of this. I have always known about Jesus Christ, but it wasnt until I became a member that i really got to KNOW Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. Joseph Smith saw God, the Father, and Jesus, His son in the sacred grove. I have been there. and I know that he restored the true church of Christ. Joseph Smith translated the book of mormon. with an elementary school education, and the help of God, Joseph Smith was able to translate the book of mormon for all of us. the Book of Mormon is the word of God. it is true. it is the evidence of the restored church of Christ. The book of mormon is the keystone of our religion. with it we have the fullness of the gospel. without it i would be lost. Without this gospel I would be lost. I love this church and gospel so much. It truely has changed my life. I am so grateful for the missionaries that taught me. So grateful for my dad for bringing this gospel to our lives and more than anything I am so grateful for my Savior and my Heavenly Father whom I love with all of my heart.
They love us, they love me, they love you, individually and infinitely! Their love is everywhere, always look for it. This church is true, and I am so grateful that I can be a member of this glorious gospel.
Have a great week my lovely family and friends.

Con amor,
Hermana Olivas

You Might Also Like

0 comments