Hugging dogs and weed // week 20

8:05 PM

Hello lovely people!!
This week has been pretty great I can't complain! 
I'm going to start out with the funny stories then go into the spiritual ones! I feel like that works best. 
I met a dog that hugs! Can you believe it? Her name is Eskippy (skippy in a Spanish accent). And she walked up to me jumped on my legs then just hugged my leg with her front legs. It was so cute! Oh and our neighbors, somewhere in our apartment building, smoke weed every night and now our apartment smells like weed, so I have a lot of headaches now. Haha it's all good though it's an adventure and we sleep with the window open to have fresh air. We are working on the problem. 
We had zone conference this week. Zone conference is when your zone, which consists of 3-4 districts, has a conference that lasts all day. Our mission president, the assistants to the president and the mission presidents wife all did trainings for us. It was great. I was able to learn a lot and have a great time. It was a spiritual experience. We, as Spanish missionaries, sang a song "The Spirit of God," but in Spanish obviously. It went really well. I would send it to you all but it's too long so sorry. We also talked about the hymn "Come thou fount." IT IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE HYMN NO JOKE. So I was crying when it was played and then we discussed the hymn. Go listen to it if you haven't before, I personally like the Chris Rice version, but they are all great. But it reminded me of something we talked about in the MTC. My teacher, Hermana Boyce, said once that "your favorite hymn is a reflection of your testimony." And it's so true. One of my favorite parts from the song is this stanza:
Prone to wander Lord I feel it
prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it
seal it for thy courts above
I just love these lines. I want Heavenly Father to take my heart and seal it, seal it for Him and His work. Some times we will fall off of the path, but if we give out heart to our Heavenly Father, He will protect us and guide us along the way. 
Overall this week was really good. We had a lot of people at church which is awesome as always. I love serving here. Time is going by so fast it's crazy! 

Con amor,
Hermana Olivas 

There is a sister here who I love, her name is Hermana Huxford, we entered the field together and will go home together. We want to be companions one day, but we made it a goal now to take a selfie everytime we see each other so see how many we will have by the end of our mission. We saw each other 3 times this week

You Might Also Like

0 comments