Buses, and Trax, and Running, oh my.... // week 13

5:59 PM

Hola hola,

How has everyone's week been? I love hearing about your lives, so send
some emails! This week has been good. Transfers were this week. We
didn't change areas, kind of. Sister Platt and I are still companions
and we are still downtown. Our area now is only from 800 S 1700 S and
500 W to 700 E. And our car is now is with the Elders. So we are
walking and/or using public transit (buses, the Trax system, etc....)
But we still live off of 400 N haha we live WAY out of our area.... We
had a few fun times with almost missing our bus, or thinking that we
missed the bus and started to walk then the bus passed... It was
funny/interesting haha. Lots of walking is involved when you don't
have a car and you are late to your bus...
Luis Madrid is on date to be baptized Christmas Day!! It is going to
be an awesome Christmas Day! We are so pumped. His daughter serving a
mission doesn't know yet and won't until they skype on Christmas Day
and he is in the white jumpsuit for baptism!! He is no longer our
investigator because of our area boundary change but we are still in
the Arbor Branch. His wife adores us and is so sad to see us leave. I
LOVE THEM! But it's all good because they feed us weekly and we go to
church with them.
Yesenia and her family have been good. They didn't go to church on
Sunday so that made us concerned. But we talked to them and decided to
push their date back a few weeks so they can get into the habit of
going to church weekly before they are baptized. I have faith that all
will work out. They are all very excited to be baptized but they just
need to be a little more prepared.
I got to go on "exchanges" for a few hours. My companion went to the
Bountiful temple with a recent convert on Saturday and Sister
Huxford's companion did as well. So Hermana Huxford and I were
companions for a few hours. We came out in the field together and are
in the same district so we get along super well. We are waiting for
the day that we can be companions!! Hopefully we can be companions
soon!
Interesting experience this week. We were walking to our next
appointment and we stop and talk to everyone. We stopped to talk to
this old man. His name is Doc and he is from Germany. He was very
friendly, and when I say friendly I mean that when we shook his hand
to say goodbye he kissed my hand and called me beautiful like 5 times
haha. I love street contacting. You meet a wide variety of people.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving this week I would like to share what I
am grateful for. I am so grateful for this gospel and the opportunity
I have to serve a mission in Salt Lake City. People think that there
is nothing to be done in Salt Lake, but they are wrong. Just in 6
weeks our mission had over 300 new investigators and 70 baptisms!
What?!? THATS INSANE. So I am very grateful for my mission so far. I
am grateful for my Savior and His Atonement. Without I wouldn't have
the opportunity to live with Him and my Father in Heaven again. I am
grateful for my family and their support towards me. What are you
thankful for?

2 Nephi 9:52 Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your
God; pray unto him continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy
name by night. Let your hearts rejoice.
Have a wonderful and safe thanksgiving my loved ones!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Olivas

P.s. I get to see the temple lights this week!!!!!!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments